- It’s OK to send your spouse on an emergency trip to the chemist, at 11pm.
- No, it’s not an alien. It’s just a clot.
- It’s OK to eat comfort food and chocolatey treats & not care about weight gain.
- You can’t explain your clingy, needy, hormonal outbursts- it’s just another Endo Symptom!
- You will change your outlook on life: “Life’s too short…”
- You will get into the habit of picking up Paracetamol & Ibuprofen in every grocery shop.
- You will get to know your cycle & body really well, you’ll probs have an app that sings a song when you’re ovulating!
- You’ll become the go-to wizard when your female friends have a ‘lady garden’ problem.
- Get comfortable talking about ‘awkward’ subjects like: periods, sex, cervical fluid.
- Smears/internal examinations don’t get any easier! Despite 100 Drs having a butcher’s at your VJ.
It will become obvious that people don’t understand what ‘CHRONIC’ means.
“get well soon” or “oh, you still have that?” or “you don’t look sick”
These comments don’t apply to a chronic condition. I will always have Endometriosis. There is no magic pill. Endometriosis is life altering.