There is nothing a writer loves more than a new notebook – except maybe, caffeine?
I am a huge stationary fiend. During my years at 6th form, I worked in Partners (now known as Rymans!) where I got a pretty decent staff discount. Nightmare! But what I will say is- at the start of a new term, my pencil case was choc-a-block and bursting with shiny new pens. September very quickly became my favourite month, pre-school prep would commence!
Now though, I still can’t resist a new notebook, a new capsule for my thoughts, memories in binding. And so, here are what I’ve treated myself to over the last couple of months.
(Now I’m officially a grown-up, I don’t have wait till the end of term to splurge on stationary!) eek.
- Home Bargains (89p) – Lined B5 with 64 pages and plastic cover
- Sainsburys (gift) – A5 hardback, spiral bound, lined
- Paperchase (£7) – Lined A5 notebook with plastic cover with ribbon page-marker
- Paperchse (£6) – Tall, spiral bound, hardback with lined paper
- The Works (£1) – Plain, paperback, lightweight
Wilko (£2.50) – One Thought a Day diary,covers 5 years, tiny with ribbon page-marker
I am currently abusing #1 (Home Bargains) for my blog scribbles as it’s a great size and the paper has a silky feel which helps my pen temporarily forget it’s left-handed awkwardness.